Are you desiring breakthrough in your life? In your clients’ lives? As you are reading this, I can see that you are already a Master in creating situations that bring breakthrough. You ask me how I know that you are a Master? I know because you ran a search on this subject and looked up this page (or someone did for you). And with your response you show me that you are ready to not just master what you are facing but to excel and become an Expert, providing breakthrough for yourself and those you care about.
Dr. Sibylle Georgianna’s Helping Professional Cheat Sheets To Breakthrough are downloadable handouts and assessment tools to assess your clients’ vulnerability to compulsive behaviors and to create an effective intervention and treatment. Only Masters look for ways to create more leverage in their clients’ lives. So I will not have to convince you: You probably already KNOW that expanding your tools to deal with change is the key tipping point that will allow you to leverage your treatment success, impact on your client, and maintain your passion for what you would like to see: breakthrough in your clients’ lives.
But where do you start!?
Perhaps in your most courageous moments you’ve made the commitment to augment your treatment strategies. You’ve jotted ideas down to pursue, your next goal to tackle. If you’re super committed, but even with the best intentions, most people who set themselves goals to change end up abandoning the change they embarked on.
Here’s why most people abandon their goal to augment their clients’ treatment success:
- Without a clear, step-by-step project plan how to systematically add treatment tools, a lot of clients get completely lost.
- Most clients come to see us because they have fallen victim to paralyzing tech hangups – and so may we, the helping professionals: another app to download, another time management device to check out, a time-consuming sticking point in our continuing education or lack of clarity over how to handle our clients’ complex issues (not to mention the problematic behaviors with regards to social media use and their overwhelm with the #MeToo posts).
Here’s why this is so crippling:
As an already busy person with people to attend to, services to fulfill, you literally can’t afford to set time apart in order to improve your treatment strategies. And the moment you get lost in your feelings of being overwhelmed with adding something else to your full plate, it feels impossible and we get back to returning client calls, and walking into our next treatment session. As a result, we continue feeling swamped and our clients continue feeling tossed around by the forces of their complex lives.
Even if you a lot of times feel that you’re late to the party (e.g., you are not a Millenial, tech geek, and/or on Social Media), there’s still a golden opportunity for you to jump in, gain clarity, add on vital tools and leave behind confusion, uncertainty, and setbacks when it comes to your clients’ treatment success in today’s complex world.
1. Adding on cheat sheets and psycho-education materials for your client may not be particularly hard or complicated. But there are MANY moving pieces and potential roadblocks along the way. They could sound like this:
- Where do I begin?
- What are the patterns I see in my clients that want to throw me off course?
- What can I do instead to overcome old patterns and feelings (not to mention my clients’ responses and feelings)?
- What do I need to do to cope better with continued evolving of the media that keeps coming my and my clients’ way?
- Why do I feel paralyzed when something “good” is coming my way?
2. Most people approach developing the materials used in their practice as just another “thing there is or is not”. But the thing is, you can’t treat the development of your treatment materials as just another “strategy”, “tactic” or “system”. It’s an immensely valuable (and fragile) asset that when done right, can earn you great gains over the course of it’s lifetime.
3. Time to respect it for what it is – augmenting your success as a therapist is a PROCESS to embark on – and approach it accordingly. The key ingredient to your success in all of this is a place that empowers you to create breakthrough in your clients.
And with your permission, that’s what I’d LOVE to invite you to join: Check out the Helping Professionals’ Cheat Sheets To Breakthrough. You are worth it!